Sunday, July 15, 2012

Proof is in the Proofing

A few people have asked why the blog has been so quiet, and the main reason is I am in the midst of reviewing the proofs of my book.  This is my last opportunity to make ANY changes before it is actually printed.  The view I've had for much of today has looked something like this:


I like making handwritten edits, so I've printed the book out, and placed it in a binder to keep things orderly.  It's been hard staying focused on editing it instead of just reading it--I keep getting into the story and stop focusing on catching any errors, but things are moving along.  And I think that's all I am going to say about "proofing" for now, since it isn't exactly edge-of-your-seat blogging material.

In related (book) news, the University of Alabama Press has printed its Fall 2012 catalog.  Pretty snazzy cover, eh?


I was excited to find that my book is on page 4:


The Press has a lot of interesting books coming out over the next few months.  I added a bunch to my "books to read" list (the full catalog is available on the Press' website, click here).  For now, though, I better get back to my proofs.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment